Covid-2019 is not only affecting the physical health of people, it is also making a lasting impact on our mental, emotional and social health. Public places are vacant and roads are barren. All of us are maintaining social distance to contain the deadly coronavirus. 21 Days lockdown has started in our country and we have self-quarantined ourselves in our homes, not knowing how long this would last But, we shouldn't forget that we Indians are the toughest to break. We always tend to find positive insights in the most hopeless of situations. In these tough times, instead of mourning over negativities, let us interpret these times as an opportunity to spend quality time with our families and loved ones. While sharing the household chores strengthens your relationship with your family, playing games together will bring all of you closer.
Here are Seven indoor games you can play with your family in Lockdown:
- 1. Ludo - All of us grew up playing Ludo. Though this board only needs four players, but the game itself nonetheless provides edge of entertainment to the audience. So, no matter what, you can always pick up your Ludo board and start your journey to safely reach home.
- 2. Chess - again, only two players are required to play Chess. But you can bend the rules and actually make two teams to play against each other. Those who don't wish to play can become audience and cheer for their favourite team.
- 3. Scrabble - A game to increase your vocabulary and IQ. What could be better! So, don't delay in picking the board and you'd forget time.
- 4. Carrom - "Carrom ramwanu, juice peevanu, majja ni life" It is high time to remember this Life Mantra from Munnabhai MBBS. And of course, you could play three or five sets to decide the winner. It could also be the sweetest moment to teach your parent's or kid's the winning striker tricks which you grew up playing.
- 5. Monopoly - This one of the longest board game will never let you get bored. You have enough time and you have your monopoly board. What a perfect combination!
- 6. Dumb Charades - This is one of the most interesting and highly recommended games for your family. This is the perfect time to play Dumb Charades and show off your acting skills.
- 7. Antakshari - Last but the Best! Thanks to our Indian Cinema and Music Industry, Antakshari is and will always be the best family game ever. You can play Antakshari while doing your other household chores and the fun will be unlimited. And who knows! You might even lose to your parents!
We hope you make the post of this Lockdown period and stay safe physically, mentally and emotionally.